If your doctor recommends surgery to control your weight, you may be a candidate for da Vinci Gastric Bypass, potentially the most effective, and least invasive option for weight loss surgery. da Vinci Gastric Bypass allows surgeons to provide the gold standard treatment, 1 using only a few small incisions.
da Vinci Gastric Bypass offers numerous potential benefits over open abdominal surgery, including:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Fewer complications
- Less scarring
- A shorter hospital stay
- And a faster return to normal daily activities
In addition, da Vinci Gastric Bypass offers the potential for better outcomes than with open or laparoscopic approaches. This is because da Vinci provides surgeons with superior visualization, dexterity, control and ergonomics required for this technically demanding operation. da Vinci allows surgeons to operate on higher BMI patients; it can result in shorter procedures times and may offer reduced risk for serious complications by providing surgeons with superior visualization and instrumentation. 2
As with any surgery, these benefits cannot be guaranteed, as surgery is both patient- and procedure-specific. While da Vinci Gastric Bypass is considered safe and effective, it may not be appropriate for every individual. Always ask your doctor about all treatment options, as well as their risks and benefits.
2. Jacobsen G, Berger R, Horgan S. The Role of Robotic Surgery in Morbid Obesity. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2003 Aug;13(4):279-83. Review.
If you are facing surgery, you may be a candidate for a safe, effective and minimally invasive procedure – da Vinci Surgery. Using the most advanced technology available, the da Vinci System enables your doctor to perform this delicate operation with breakthrough vision, precision and control. da Vinci Surgery offers patients many potential benefits over traditional surgery, including:
- Less blood loss and transfusions3
- Shorter hospital stay2
- Less pain2
- Low risk of infection, complications1,4
- Fast recovery and return to normal activities5
- Small incisions for less scarring3
This procedure is performed using the da Vinci Surgical System, a technological breakthrough that enables surgeons to operate with unmatched precision, dexterity and control. By overcoming the limits of both traditional open and laparoscopic surgery, da Vinci is revolutionizing surgery. Read about how da Vinci Surgery enables surgeons to perform the most precise, minimally invasive surgery available today.
As with any surgery, these benefits cannot be guaranteed since surgery is specific to each patient, condition and procedure. That’s why it is important to always talk to your doctor about all treatment options, the risks and benefits.
1. Hellan M, Anderson C, Blenhom JD, Paz B, Pigazzi A. Short-Term Outcomes After Robotic-Assisted Total Mesorectal Excision for Rectal Cancer. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 200710;1245While clinical studies support the effectiveness of the da Vinci® System when used in minimally invasive surgery, individual results may vary. Surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may not be appropriate for every individual. Always ask your doctor about all treatment options, as well as their risks and benefits.